Today we’re rolling out one big new feature and a few smaller improvements.
Feature Release: “Delays”
The big feature is called “Delays”, and it’s a way to make your automations more powerful. Now, when you build automations, you can add a delay step.
There are two types of delays in Daisychain:
1) Delay For enables you to create an automation that waits a certain number of minutes, hours, or days in your automation. Let’s say you want to send people a welcome text message after they sign up to volunteer — but you don’t want to send it immediately. Maybe you want to wait 37 minutes, to make your message seem a bit less automated. “Delay For” makes this kind of thing super-easy to implement.
2) Delay Until enables you to wait until the day and/or time that you specify. Let’s say your organization has a weekly onboarding meeting on Zoom every Thursday at 7pm. With Delay Until, it’s easy to create an automation that sends new members a reminder at 11AM on the first Thursday after they sign up.
We’ve also made a few improvements to help with your organizing efforts and to surface relevant information:
- You can now add a Person directly to a Pathway directly from their “People Page.”
- Now when configuring an Automation that creates a Card, you can automatically assign that Card to a User on your Account.
- Now when configuring an Automation that creates a Card, you can specify the Stage in the Pathway you want that Card to be in.
We’re building Daisychain in partnership with organizers and campaigners like you — so keep the feedback and feature requests coming!